Sunday, September 6, 2009

Draft Day Quick Thoughts


FAASPN- Pittsburgh First off it is always great to get with the guys. I have to admit the FAA draft and season is like an adult christmas time for me. I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed by this, but I look forward to the start of the FAA/NFL season more than I look forward to almost any day all year. I beg of us to get together and do a draft in Vegas next year. Would be an absolute blast to get everyone together in one place.


Random Thoughts:


  • Pittsburgh's selection of Jamal Lewis with the 4th pick of the draft was probably the most shocking single moment of the draft. I thought Ivan may have reached at the 2nd pick for Knoshown Moreno, but the selection of Lewis was a shocker. I don't hate Lewis. He had over 1,200 yards combined last year on a team that absolutely everything went wrong for offensively. Having said that I just don't see why it is necessary to grab him with the 4th overall pick. I feel like PIT should have traded down if he really wanted Lewis
  • The debacle that was the Honolulu / Imperial trade will lead to in interesting matchup when these two teams meet on the field. Wags has been salivating over Colston for at least a month. He has been literally bursting with joy over the thought that he had locked Colston up by moving to #2. After looking at the deal though I don't doubt Ivan's concern that he wouldn't have got Moreno. Both Pierre Thomas and Jamal Lewis were selected before the 6th pick (Where WAGS selected Housh). I'm guessing that one of those guys could /would have selected Moreno. Its safe to say that Isimo went have gone Ape $hit if he would have lost out on his guy.
  • Carc really got after Albany for his lack of starters during the draft. I dug into this and I must admit it doesn't appear Raud had a strong draft. Here are his RBs
  1. Pierre Thomas
  2. Rashard Mendenhall
  3. Tim Hightower
  4. Brandon Jackson
  5. Marshawn Lynch
  6. Ryan Grant
I count one #1 RB (Lynch) who is suspended for 3 games
A forever hurt Grant
3 back-ups (Jackson, Hightower and Mendenhall)
Time Share with limited upside (Pierre Thomas)

When you factor in his WR's (AJ, Hines Ward, Lance Moore, Sydney Rice) and his TE (J. Carlson) one can only say WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

1 comment:

Zuc said...

John Carlson is no doubt a top 10 TE and it would not surprise most knowledgable fantasy football gurus if he ends the 2009 season within the top 5 at the position.